ULLR BIKE-DECEMBER 12, 2020
Greetings and Welcome!
We are please to announce the Gold Run Fat Bike Series, presented by the Town of Breckenridge and the Gold Run Nordic Center!
This is a 4 race series starting with ULLR BIKE on December 12, 2020.
The other dates are:
This will be a Strava-based series. What’s that mean? For those of you that raced in the 2020 Summit Mt. Challenge it will be just like that!
For the uninitiated here are some details:
Racers will have the entire day to ride a MARKED COURSE. Upload your activity to Strava. We will verify your ride and generate results.
All racers will need a STRAVA user profile. If you don’t already have a Strava account, there is a free version.
There are two ways to use Strava:
1. Download the App to your phone.
- Make sure GPS is enabled
- Phone is charged
- Make sure Battery Saving mode is OFF
- Hit Record…and then hit Start
- A rolling start is necessary for accurate timing. Be sure to hit “Record” and “Start” before you go past the Start Sign. And, conversely, ride past the Finish Segment sign before you hit “Stop”>”Finish”>”Save” (this terminology is Strava specific. We recognize that those riding with GPS head units have different steps and lingo)
- Strava will recognize the portion of your ride that matches our Strava Segment and we’ll take it from there.
- Use a GPS unit from a company such as Garmin, Suunto, Polar.
- Ride the segment
- Upload to Strava after your ride
- Strava will match your Ride to our Segment and we’ll take it from there.
GOLD RUN NORDIC CENTER INFO!
Thank you to the Gold Run Nordic Center for hosting this year’s series. All racers will be granted access to the trail network on RACE DAY ONLY. Usually, Gold Run charges a $20 Fat Bike trail fee.
If you’re an avid Fat Biker, and would like unrestricted access, please consider a Season Trail Pass, available to Fat Bikers, for $150.
RENTALS are available for $15/hour or $30 for a Half Day.
All bikes are the Borealis Crestone model.
Facilities-for safety sake, please refrain from entering the Gold Run Nordic Center Lodge unless absolutely necessary and/or you are purchasing something. Port-o-let facilities have been added for your convenience and to keep gathering sizes inside to a minimum.
ENTRY FEES:(includes Gold Run Trail Pass!)
$20 for single race
$70 for entire series
All Registration is online at Bikereg.com
Women (all ages, one category)
Men 35 and Under
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
The Gold Run Nordic Center is located at 200 Clubhouse Drive, Breckenridge, CO 80424
(In the summer this is the Jack Nicklaus designed Breckenridge Golf Club!)
START TIMES & DISTANCE
Racers will have the entire day to ride the marked course. No set start time!